Thursday, August 14, 2008

Fonne Update

Cole and Elle are growing up too fast! This past weekend Grandma D watched them while mom and dad went to the Arbor summer celebration at the DeVos Center. We had a blast dancing to the MEGA 80's. Ron Jr. told us to meet him at McFadden's so we walked there from the Amway and paid to get in...only to find that Ron doesn't know his bars downtown and was at Flannagan's across the street...HA! Cole and Elle had fun hanging out with their Gram, Aunt Jill, and Uncle Tim. They enjoyed their walk and were laughing at Uncle Tim. Grandma D said that she, also, heard Cole say, "El-Le."

We went to the cottage on Saturday...and shoveled the 20 yards of sand Jamma had brought in for the twins to play in. We now have a BEACH at the cottage. Cole and Elle enjoyed it already sitting in their bumbo seats and eating it. Elle got a big mouth full.

Another enjoyable weekend!



Jamma gave the twins a bath in the cottage sink......

Aunt Amy, Uncle Johnathan, and Noah sent Cole and Elle these cute shirts over the last week! Too CUTE!

This week the babies have been really wanting our attention 24/7. They now hug and reach for you. We might need the other crib from the cottage because they are starting to wake eachother up in the middle of the night. Elle will no longer sleep on her back she rolls now to her belly within seconds. Elle-Belly! Needless to say they have been coming into our bed to sleep a in the middle of the night.



Good Mornin' SUNSHINE!

One day I walked in the family room after washing bottles and found Cole had woken up from his nap and was sucking on Elle's head. They like to hit eachother in the face. Both are sitting up well on their own, but I still put pillows around them incase they fall backwards or to the side. They both are scooting all over hell. We put the gate up so that we will be prepared for crawling. They both are gobbling food down like no other. They grab at our food when we are eating. Today we tried to go swimming at Jamma's house, but the water was too cold for the babies, Aunt Reba, and I. We took a few dips and said forget it. Cole and Elle now play and splash in the water. Cole gets so excited splashing that I do not put my clothes on for the day before baths! I just stay in my pj's and get drenched. Tonight they both took cereal and put it in their own mouth. It was like WOW! It's so funny how excited you get over stupid milestones like that. They will be grown before we know it. We are enjoying every minute.

Ian and I are considering joining the YMCA close to our house to start working out and take the babies swimming. Sarah Pepper and I are trying to encourage eachother to loose weight. So far I have lost 2 pounds or a bucket of water out of the ocean. All I know is that our family needs to get healthy!