Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Summer of Fonne

Cole and Elle are hitting milestones by the minute! Last week Thursday I was overjoyed when they picked up cereal and put it into their own mouth! Yippi! Since last Friday they both can sit up with hands off the floor and balance! It's amaising how this stuff just happens overnight. They enjoyed another relaxing weekend at the cottage playing in the sand and swimming in the lake. Cole could stay in the water for hours. Elle gets the shivers...but still loves it. I have fish!
We enjoyed seeing Great Grandma Piccard, Jamma, Grandpa Ron, Great Uncle Bill, Mike, and Ronald Saturday. We, also, had the pleasure meeting a dandy from Bitely named Mark...who told my mom he couldn't have sweet corn because he didn't have teeth. He pulled up with Uncle Bill on the 4-wheeler with what looked to be blood all over them...we thought what the hell happened. Apparently it was just paint because they were painting Uncle Bill's cottage bright red. Another neat person from Bitely goes down in the books.
On Sunday we enjoyed visiting with Grandpa Dave, Oma, Great Grandma Mikula, Larissa her friend, and Uncle Bill. Everyone enjoyed playing with the twins and relaxing by the water. Needless to say we sent food home with Uncle Bill so that we didn't have to have Mark over again for dinner. Everyone was surprised at how much the twins had changed. It seems as though they are changing now every week. I see younger babies and thing where did the time go.
I helped Lynne with her centerpieces today for her wedding. Tonight Ian and I went to check out the Wolverine YMCA. We plan on getting a family membership the first of September. It will be nice to go work out and have provided daycare for the twins. I know they will love swimming and I think it will be good to expose them to other kids even if it is only for an hour or two. It will be good for Ian and I to do something together that is healthy and fun. We both despirately need to get back into shape.
As for me right now I am enjoying every minute being a momma and the little moments I have with Ian that remind me of us before we had the babies. I love watching Ian be a dad. He is so great with the babies and such a wonderful husband! I really lucked out finding such a good hubby.